we are pleased to announce that the 208th course of the "International School of Physics Enrico Fermi" will be on "Foundations of Cosmic Ray Astrophysics" and it will be held from June 25 to June 30, 2020 in the Villa Monastero at Varenna, on Lake Como (Italy).
The School is intended for PhD students and young post-docs working in fields of Astrophysics, Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics.
The School is organised by the Italian Physical Society (www.sif.it) and the Gran Sasso Science Institute (www.gssi.it) and aims at providing knowledge on the fundamentals of cosmic ray transport and acceleration in magnetic turbulence, with particular attention to phenomenological consequences on galactic and extra-galactic scales and feedbacks on the astrophysical environments.
The Scientific program includes:
- High-energy Cosmic Rays and gamma-radiation
Felix Aharonian (DIAS, Dublin, Ireland)
- Particle acceleration in Pulsars and PWNe
Elena Amato (INAF/Arcetri bservatory, Florence, Italy)
- Charged particle in turbulent fields and the Cosmic Ray transport equation
Pasquale Blasi (GSSI and INFN, L'Aquila, Italy)
- Cosmic Ray propagation in extragalactic space and secondary messengers
Denise Boncioli (L'Aquila University and INFN, L'Aquila, Italy)
- Shock and turbulent acceleration
Damiano Caprioli (University of Chicago, Chicago, USA)
- Phenomenological models of galactic Cosmic Ray transport
Carmelo Evoli (GSSI and INFN, L'Aquila, Italy)
- Star Formation (Regions) and Cosmic Rays
Stefano Gabici (APC, AstroParticule et Cosmologie, Paris, France)
- The microphysics of Cosmic Ray instabilities
Alexandre Marcowith (Université Montpellier and CNRS/IN2P3, Montpellier, France)
- Interactions of Cosmic Rays with matter and radiation
Pasquale Dario Serpico (LAPTh, Université Grenoble Alpes, Annecy, France)
- Magnetic reconnection
Lorenzo Sironi (Columbia University, New York, USA)
- Future facilities in high-energy astrophysics
Emma de Wilhelmi (ICE & DESY, Spain & Germany)
- Basis of Cosmic Ray Feedback
Ellen Zweibel (University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, USA)
More details on the registration and logistic will be soon available via a dedicated webpage.
Carmelo Evoli on behalf of
Directors of the School