Postdoc position in gravitational waves and numerical relativity at Jena FSUAuthor: Giancarlo Cella - Published 2019-02-02 12:21 - (0 Reads)
Postdoc position (m/f) in Gravitational Waves and Numerical Relativity at the Institute for Theoretical Physics
The Friedrich Schiller University Jena is a scientifically recognized university with over 17,500 students. Jena is a young and vibrant university town with dynamic business activities, successful scientific innovation centers and a vibrant cultural scene around a traditional university. The Institute for Theoretical Physics of the Friedrich Schiller University Jena has from 1st of July 2019 one position as
The position is associated with the research group of Prof. Sebastiano Bernuzzi at the Theoretical Physics Institute Jena. The candidate is expected to work on the topic of binary neutron
star coalescence in general relativity, including computational aspects in numerical relativity, gravitational waveform modeling and data-analysis applications. The successful candidates have the opportunity to join the Virgo Collaboration and participate to the LIGO-Virgo gravitational-wave astronomy programme. The group is also part of the computational relativity (CoRe) collaboration.
The appointment will be initially for one year with possible extension up to three years. Candidates with experience in analytical and numerical relativity, gravitational-wave modeling and data analysis are particularly encouraged to apply.
- PhD in theoretical or computational physics
- Preferably experienced in numerical relativity, analytical relativity, gravitational-wave data analysis, or compact binaries astrophysics.
- Fluent communication skills in English, both spoken and written are required
- Research in highly inter-disciplinary team
- Co-supervision of students
- Attending conferences and workshops
- Participation in an excellent international, multi-disciplinary research Team
- the pay scale follows the wage agreements for public employees of federal German states (TV-L E13, 100%)
- university health promotion and a family-friendly working environment with flexible working hours
Severely handicapped people are given preference for equal qualifications, aptitude and professional qualifications. Friedrich Schiller University Jena is committed to increase the percentage of female scientists and therefore especially encourages them to apply.
Applications should be received by March 1st, 2019, but will be considered until the positions are filled. Starting date is expected in November 2019.
Please send applications to:
Prof. Sebastiano Bernuzzi
Max Wien Platz 1
D-07743 Jena, Germany
Please use the string “Application for PD position – SURNAME NAME” in the email subject and use the PDF format for all your files.
Please submit a cover letter, a curriculum vitae with a list of publications, a brief description of research interests, and a list of three potential referees, who may be contacted separately.