Application to the PhD school in Physics at the University of Padova are now open, with deadline May 12th, 2021.
The Experimental Gravitation Wave group in Padova will be glad to collect manifestations of interest and to support applications. The group is part of the Virgo and ET collaborations and has active lines of research in:
- optical coatings
- wavefront sensing and correction
- stray light modeling and mitigation
- characterization of optical material at cryogenic temperatures
- thermal noise out of thermodynamic equilibrium
- data analysis for unmodeled transient sources
If interested, feel free to contact prof. Giacomo Ciani (firstname.lastname@example.org).