Postdoc position on black holes and gravity at GroningenAuthor: Giancarlo Cella - Published 2019-02-14 11:19 - (0 Reads)
Postdoc position in Black Holes, Higher Derivative Gravity, and Field Theory at the Van Swinderen Institute, University of Groningen NL (https://www.rug.nl/research/vsi/).
The announcement can be found at inspirehep.net/record/1711389
We are looking for an excellent candidate for a postdoctoral position at the Van Swinderen Institute, University of Groningen (https://www.rug.nl/research/vsi/), with a background in either:
- higher derivative gravity (in particular infinite derivative gravity), quantum gravity,
- blackhole physics, in particular compact objects which are blackhole mimickers, and their testable features in gravitational wave templates, such as quasi normal modes, echoes, tidal effects, etc.,
- field theory expertise in higher derivatives, string field theory, higher derivative gravity and/or higher spin theories.
The duration of the position will be (1+1) years.
Staring Date: 01-09-2019 or 01-10-2019 ( negotiable )
Deadline for application: 01-03-2019
Application should accompany:
- a brief 2 pages research proposal,
- CV with a list of publications (the contributions in publications should be highlighted in 1-2 lines),
- 3 Letters of recommendations.
The application should be be sent to Anupam Mazumdar (https://www.rug.nl/staff/anupam.mazumdar/) at (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please contact Anupam Mazumdar for further details if needed.